Monday, April 27, 2009

To Procreate or Not To Procreate, that is the question.

The Next Generation

Kids, many people have them. Many people want them.

Me? I’m in the not sure if I want them or not. One day I would love a little rug rat. Someone who calls me mama and depends on me for everything. The next day, I don’t want a kid. I want to be one of those people who dotes on their friends kids and has a dog that has privileges to sleep on the bed whenever. I want to be the person who can jet off to Vegas because I can without finding a babysitter.

So all this kid talk had me wondering. Are you selfish for not wanting kids?

Some reasons that I may not have kids.

1. DS. Those of you, who know me, know my fear of becoming this person. NO THANK YOU!!!

2. Have any of you watched the news, picked up a paper, walked outside? People are screwing up left and right. The adoptive mom who killed her quadriplegic child (all people are innocent until proven guilty) and put her in a storage unit covered in moth balls to cover the smell, the little girl who was raped and killed. Our world is disturbing.

3. I want to be able to sleep as late as possible. I want to be able to dust off my passport and run away when the mood strikes (and the money allows). I want to dote on my friends kids. And be the Aunt that all my nieces and nephews want at Christmas.

So, blog followers, what are your thoughts? Kids or no? Selfish or no?

Until then, the next generation of my family will have to wait.

1 comment:

  1. well sugar, you don't have to have kids right now. it's either a big decision, or a mistake. either way, you'd be alright. but you don't have to decide now. you've got a lot of life to live. ;]

    ReplyDelete